Many adults are hesitant to think about getting braces because they assume that orthodontic treatment is just for teenagers. However, that’s simply a misconception. One in five orthodontic patients are older than 21 according to the American Association of Orthodontists. No matter how old you are, orthodontic treatment helps keep your smile healthy and ultimately make you feel better about your appearance.
WHY CONSIDER ADULT ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT:
- If your teeth fit together incorrectly because of a bad bite or malocclusion
- If your teeth are crowded or spaced apart, causing to tooth decay or gum disease
- If your teeth are crooked and cause abnormal jaw pain or pressure
- If you want a more confident smile and a healthier mouth
ADULT BRACES & ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT OPTIONS
Many adults have a stigma about the appearance of traditional metal braces. However, today’s orthodontic solutions have come a long way. Braces are now more comfortable, discreet, and flexible for your lifestyle. You can choose a customized solution based on your unique needs.
Options for types of braces:
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Invisible braces
- Traditional metal braces
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT ADULT ORTHODONTICS?
Adult braces and orthodontics are more than discreet solutions to straighten teeth. Older patients have other considerations that can affect orthodontic treatment. Children and teenagers are still growing so their jawbones move easier, but adults have already developed these bones and it often requires orthographic surgery to adjust. Other considerations that are unique to adults include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Gingivitis, gum recession and other periodontal disease is more common in adults. If you’ve lived with crooked teeth, you’re also more likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — As you get older, teeth break down and shift into different positions. Missing teeth and other bite issues can put you at risk for gum disease and should be corrected by an orthodontist.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults never finish their orthodontic treatment they started as a teen. It’s never too late to have a healthy, confident smile.
At National Orthodontics, we treat patients of all ages and we’ll customize a plan to fit your unique needs. Our dedicated, compassionate team will do whatever it takes to make sure your experience is comfortable and efficient so you can have the results you want.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER BRACES?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — You can prevent gum disease with aligned teeth because it’s easier to brush and floss aligned.
- Beautiful, straight smiles build confidence — You can boost your quality of life with a confident, aesthetic smile through orthodontic treatment.
- Untreated mouths can get worse — If you put off orthodontic care, gum disease can develop and cause long-term health problems.
Our Any one of our Orthodontist office in Atlanta can help you determine if adult braces and orthodontics are right for you. We’ll work around your schedule and make sure your appointments are convenient and time efficient. To schedule your complimentary National Orthodontics smile consultation today!